NSBA Foundation Heroes on Horses
Entries and complete details are available on the NSBA website: Heroes On Horses
All US Military personnel are invited to participate in the NSBA Special Event “Heroes on Horses” competition.
Eligible riders invited to participate include:
1. Disabled veterans,
2. Veterans who are participating in PATH Intl. Equine Services for Heroes programs
3. Veterans who have a Department of Veteran Affairs disability rating.
4. Able bodied veterans who enjoy riding.
Rules and Eligibility
- For Disabled Veterans who do not participate in a therapeutic riding program, please attach the Department of Veteran Affairs letter recording the dates of service, the Service-connected Disability Rating, and the date it was awarded. Please black out all other personal information included in the letter such as social security number and monthly award.
- Horses need not be registered or owned by the rider or facility.
- Judging will be based 50% on the rider and 50% on the horse.
- There will be no fee for participation in these class.
- Exhibitors in Heroes on Horses may not show in any other youth, amateur or open categories.
- Eligibility forms available at www.nsba.com/heroes-on-horses
Everyone Is Invited to the Heroes On Horses Luncheon March 6th, 2024
The NSBA Foundation will host an outdoor luncheon ringside at the Equine Chronicle Arena starting at 11:30 AM. The Parade of Heroes will also start at 11:30am followed by the Heroes on Horses competition. We welcome everyone to join us in the arena to carry a flag in the parade.
Thank You to Bob & Ingrid Miller, Sponsors of the Sun Circuit NSBA Heroes on Horses
Thanks to the support of the Bob and Ingrid Miller Family of Mesa, Arizona 2023 will mark the second year the NSBA Foundation is able to bring the Heroes on Horses program to a new venue in the Western United States. This donation was given as a three year commitment to help the NSBA Foundation host Heroes on Horses as part of the 2022- 2024 Sun Circuit Quarter Horse show in Scottsdale, AZ.
This donation is an important milestone to meeting the goal to establish and expand the outreach to Veterans beyond its current format at the NSBA World Championship Show and All-American Quarter Horse Congress.
“It is our vision that this financial support will bring additional awareness to the “Model of Inclusion” the NSBA embodies by including Veterans who participate in therapeutic riding programs across the country. My husband, Bob, & I feel this is a small way our family can say thank you to the brave men and women whose service and sacrifice allows us the freedom to enjoy and love our show horses” said Ingrid Miller, exhibitor, and lifetime member of the NSBA.
As part of the NSBA Equestrians with Disabilities division (EWD), the Heroes on Horses program is a catalyst for recognition and thanks to our military service men and women who ride and compete. Having a third venue for the event will allow for:
- Inclusion and recognition of the families and heroes who have so valiantly served our country,
- Bring attention to the therapeutic value of the horse and interaction with this population of riders,
- Highlight the value of a competitive platform where Veterans can be recognized for advancing their horsemanship and riding skill sets and
- Raise awareness of the benefits of our sport as part of a wellness program for Veterans.
“Today there is great hope that the future of the business of showing horses and including riders of all abilities will continue to flourish. Our association can lead the way to build healthy, vibrant relationships while providing a platform to recognize skill levels and growth of all our riders who share the common love and respect that the horse brings to us all,” said Stephanie Lynn, Executive Director of NSBA.
Heroes on Horses is funded as a special project of the NSBA Foundation. For more information on the NSBA Foundation contact Foundation Director Lynn Campbell at email@example.com or www.nsba.com. Follow NSBA on Facebook, IG and YouTube.